Meet the Blogger : Scrapbook de la Emma

I wanted to bring something new to the blog so I tought it would be a great idea to do little interviews to the bloggers that I like and inspire me the most. I want to do this at least once a month! I'm really excited with this kind of new feature and I hope you like as much as I do.


My first interviewee was the beautiful lady behind the "Scrapbook de la Emma". She's an adorable red head with a very girly style and once you start checking her blog you just can't stop.


Photobucket

1. Where are you from and what do you do for a living?
I am from an inland city in NSW, Australia - about 4 hours from Sydney. I'm a part time/casual primary school teacher, not sure if I'll be doing that forever though, my mind changes all the time.


Photobucket

2. What inspires your personal style?
Oh gosh, everything. Obviously other bloggers inspire me a lot, I always love seeing how girls put outfits together in such different ways to what I would have ever imagined. It's so fun to see a look I like and then put my own spin on it to make it more 'me'. I'm also very inspired by my own mood, I'm one of those girls who doesn't know what she wants to wear until that morning, which makes packing a nightmare. I can wake up one day feeling like a floral dress and lots of pretty accessories and embellishments and then the next day want to be dressed in a very minimal basic outfit. I'm also very inspired by everyday things, the sun, a flower, animals, someones hair, my mums patchwork.. the list goes on
.


3. How would you describe your style in a few words?
Girly, sometimes erratic (i.e. my changing mood). I definitely would have to stick with girly, even my friends comment on it. I'm always in a dress or a skirt and I absolutely love colour, prints and girly shapes.


Photobucket

4. What made you start blogging?
I've always loved clothing and the way outfits are put together by different people. I got really into reading other personal style blogs about a year ago and my boyfriend suggested I should start my own. I'm so glad I did 'cos now I love it! To begin with I was a bit worried about putting myself out there and coming across as vein, but once I got into it I was fine. It's really helped my style evolve and encouraged me to try things I might not have tried before starting my blog. I'm definitely more fearless now, I could not imagine life without blogging.


Photobucket

5. If you could, who would you like to be for a day?
Oh gosh, you know, I'd love to have been my mum (or anyone) in the 70''s for a day... I know that's kind of going against the rules of the question but that was the first thing that sprung to mind. I've always had an obsession with that era ever since I was a little girl. My style actually used to reflect it a lot and I'm definitely going to get into the 70's trend that has come back. I just love the evolution of freedom that was happening then, the long hair, bright colours, kombi vans, music festivals and of course, the clothes.


Photobucket

6. Tell us a random fact about yourself.
I'm the clumsiest person you will ever meet. I'm not even exaggerating, my boyfriend calls me Emma the Dilemma because I fall over or hurt myself at least once a day.


After this, I'm sure you liked Emma as much as I do! So, dont forget to check her blog here and inspire yourself!

Oh, and thank you Emma (once again!) for doing this and for being such a nice person! :)



Marisa Violeta

20 comments:

Unknown said...

i love her red hair w her red tights!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

She is so cute, I really enjoyed visiting her blog.

Lea said...

Oh! I'm a month and a half into blogging and I'm just now starting to get over the "feeling vain part." Though I still feel awkward taking pictures... I'm always scared someone's going to walk in and I'm just going to look silly and odd.

I love features like this because I love finding new bloggers :) So lovely.

<3 Lea

Vanesa said...

Your hair color is awesome... i like it!
xx

http://lipstickcandy.blogspot.com/

Kait said...

This post couldn't have come at a better time! I'm a fairly new follower ;)

My gosh though I just *LOVE* your style!!!

Alcoholiday said...

She's awesome, I love her hair.
Thank you for this original idea, your blog is gorgeous!

Emma said...

Thanks so much for asking me honey, it looks great! ill link you on my blog and mention this in my next post for sure :) xo

flotsam & flummery said...

I'm ashamed to admit I hadn't heard of her blog before, so I'm glad you posted this little interview. x

Ana Rita Patinha said...

Adoro o estilo dela e a cor de cabelo :)

xoxo
http://valium-and-cherrywine.blogspot.com/

Alcoholiday said...

Yeah! I love Paredes de Coura!! I went to the festival in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
I want to come back! It's an amazing celebration! =D

The Cat Hag said...

Hey Beautiful,

How's your day going so far?

Hehe, thanks for sharing bout Emma, it's exciting that she is also staying in Sydney! I will check out her blog after leaving this comment. :)

You look really cute (as always!) in your outfit post below, your hair and your specs are ♥.

Did you do your banner drawing by yourself? I am scouting around for someone to draw a caricature of myself for my blog hehe and your picture looks might adorable.


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Claire said...

i love this! thanks for introducing us to new bloggers. Emma is charming and has great style!

Claire
http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

nice blog! i follow you ;)

Lynzy said...

I just love Emma's adorable style! She always looks so put together :)


xo Lynzy
http://sparkingfootsteps.blogspot.com

Marella said...

Amazing outfits and post dear!
Thanks for your sweet comment! <3

Jenny said...

Wonderful interview! she has amazing style and I am so glad to be introduced to her blog. LOVE! xoxo

Erin and Caroline said...

Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by our blog -- we really appreciate it. :) Anyway, this is a great feature idea! I love her outfits (especially the checkered/plaid dress) and I can't wait to go check out her blog next! :)

- Caroline (http://keepcalmandstyleon.blogspot.com)

Erin and Caroline said...

I am loving this feature! She has some great outfits and sounds like sweet person too. Thanks for the introduction! =)

-Erin

Ourdestination said...

good :D

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

awe she's simply adorable! i'll have to check her out! Thanks for the intro:) I'll check out your video later by the way...I'm blogging at work...when I shouldnt be hahaha :)

top